The final PGA Major Championship is wide open, so I recommend taking a chance on some long shots for this tournament. I’m not talking about Jim Furyk (+10000) kind of craziness but more like Anthony Kim(+7000).
93rd PGA Championship 2011
August 11-14, Atlanta-Athletic Club, Highlands Course
7,467 yards, Par 70
Martin Kaymer is the defending PGA Champion, but we don’t hear much from him. We hear much more about Dustin Johnson getting ruled out of the Championship. Can you say BAD CADDY?!
Speaking of Jackass golf caddies, I’m going to rethink my New Zealand vacation based on the actions of local Steve Williams, currently Adam Scott’s right hand man. Williams’ statements can be described as hateful, lameful and shameful.
The props here belong to the classy Adam Scott who even had had to answer his first question this week about his bitter caddy instead of his WGC win last week.
Tiger has been getting worked by Sean Foley for over a year, and Woods seems to be confident that he is back. I’m not so sure he can get it done here, but at +2000 I’m buying.
David Toms won here 10 years ago when it was 270 yards shorter than this year. This is described as Glory’s last shot, but can a Gringo get a Bingo? Americans have been goose-egged for the last 6 PGA Major Championships.
Luke Donald ranks 1st in scoring average and also in World Ranking. He tied for 2nd last week at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, but when does his Major celebration start?
PGA Championship 2011 Online Betting Odds:
- Adam Scott (+2000) – 2nd Best Australian this week to Day and #1 for having the biggest Homer on his bag.
- Rory Mcilroy (+1000) – Four rounds in 60s last week at WGC-Bridgestone
- Tiger Woods (+2000) – Bet it…a little. I wouldn’t fire, but at +2000 I would take it all day. He finished tied for 29th place in 2001 the last time the PGA Championship was played at the Atlanta Athletic Club.
- Phil Mickelson (+2500) – Finished 2nd in 2001 behind David Toms here but looked old, worn and tired last week.
- Lee Westwood (+1400) – Bet Lee in Tournament matchups but not to WIN the tournament.
- Dustin Johnson (+2500) – I bet his caddy is studying the rule book this year. Dustin is always a solid bet for PGA Majors. Hell, he could’ve easily had 3 already in the Win column.
- Nick Watney (+3000) – GREAT play here! He leads Fed Ex Cup standings and currently 2nd on the money list this year. Nick had PGA Championship lead by 3 strokes going into final round last year also.
- Jason Day (+2500) – This is Jason’s Day and YEAR! He was knocking on the winner’s door in both the Masters and U.S. Open this year finishing 2nd in both of them. SOLID Matchup and WIN play here.
- Anthony Kim (+7000) – Kim is really on a sweet upswing. If he can stay out of the clubs, he can fire low 60s on any round.
- Martin Kaymer (+3000) – Defending Champ Kaymer is getting lamer and lamer all year.
- Luke Donald (+1400) – Everything he has says he has to win one of these except his track record.
This PGA Championship could be a surprise longshot based on the last 12 Majors having 12 different golfers. Take advantage of it with a couple of the big money golfers I have mentioned above.