MLB BETTING – Top NL $$$ Pitchers through 5/24
June baseball betting has finally begun! Check out BetUS Sportsbook’s list of the top $$$ pitchers the National League has to offer as the summer continues!
1) Eric Stults, Los Angeles Dodgers (7-2, +$585) (LW: 1) Manager Joe Torre has stuck his prized lefty on the DL, and he won’t be able to return until June 16th. He may be sat down for longer than that, and it may be a blessing in disguise for Dodgers bettors. His numbers were awful in his L/3 starts before taking his spot on the DL.
2) Josh Johnson, Florida Marlins (9-3, +$579) (LW: 4) Johnson chucked another strong game for the Fish on Thursday night, beating the Brewers 4-3 thanks to 7.2 innings and allowing just two runs. The righty is now 5-1 on the season, and if he can pick up some more ‘W’s along the way, will be a prime candidate for the Cy Young Award this season. The righty has fanned at least five batters in six of his L/7 starts.
3) Braden Looper, Milwaukee Brewers (8-3, +$551) (LW: 7) Looper gave up five runs in 4.2 innings, but if he had gotten out one more batter, would’ve picked up the win against Florida on Wednesday night. The Brewers handed him a 9-0 lead before he made it more interesting, but the bullpen held on in spite of his lousy start. Expect to see better from Milwaukee’s right-hander this week.
4) Chad Billingsley, Los Angeles Dodgers (9-3, +$456) (LW: NR) Welcome back to the Top-7, Billingsley! He cruised through six shutout frames at home against the D’Backs on Wednesday night and turned up on the right end of a 1-0 victory. The fact that he threw 111 pitches to complete those 6.0 innings was a bit surprising. He’s still topped 100+ pitches in every start this year, which has to be cause for concern.
5) Yovani Gallardo, Milwaukee Brewers (8-3, +$454) (LW: NR) Every week, the Brewers seem to put two different pitchers on this list (after all, they have four of the Top-13 in the NL). This week, Gallardo is back on the list after tossing eight shutout innings in Milwaukee’s 4-0 victory in Atlanta. In his L/3 starts, Gallardo is 2-0 with a 0.42 ERA.
6) Carlos Zambrano, Chicago Cubs (7-2, +$445) (LW: NR) Big Z takes his spot on the list in spite of all recent temper tantrums. He tossed 6.2 innings of two-hit shutout ball in Cincinnati last week. Unfortunately for Cubs bettors, that was Zambrano’s longest outing since April 28th. He hasn’t completed more than seven innings once this season.
7) Matt Cain, San Francisco Giants (8-3, +$419) (LW: NR) Cain makes his first appearance on the list this season, and with a few more starts like he had against the Nats this week, he’ll be on the Cy Young short list. Cain threw five frames, allowing just one run in SF’s 4-1 win on Wednesday, moving him to 7-1 with a 2.27 ERA on the season.
Back in the bullpen…
Jason Marquis, Colorado Rockies (LW: 2)
Bronson Arroyo, Cincinnati Reds (LW: 3)
Mike Pelfrey, New York Mets (LW: 5)
David Bush, Milwaukee Brewers (LW: 6)