I don’t know what’s more important to pro athletes these days, winning championship in their respective sports or showing off their ‘Trophy Wives’ and girlfriends.
With that said, sports fans everywhere also like to check out which athlete’s got the ‘hottest’ wife or girlfriend, likely fantasizing that they were in that athlete’s shoes with their hot chick on their own arm instead of looking at them in some magazine or on a computer screen.
Here then is a look at the Top Five Hottest celebrity Sports Couples and several more pairs of sports stars and celebs that have hooked up, either for love, lust, big bucks or media exposure.
1.) David and Victoria Beckham
There’s not a sports fan alive that doesn’t know about soccer’s biggest star, David Beckham and his former Spice Girl wife, Victoria. The UK's "golden couple," were married a decade ago back in July 1999 and have three children together, telling me their pairing is definitely genuine.
2.) Tony Parker and Eva Longoria
These two, married in July of 2007, are another couple that have gotten more than their share of publicity with Parker being a two-time NBA-Champion with the San Antonio Spurs and Longoria starring on one the most popular television series in the U.S., the aptly-named Desperate Housewives. Of course, the chicks think Parker is a knockout while the fellas’ all agree that Longoria is hot with a capital H.
3.) Rapper and Actor "Common" and Tennis Star Serena Williams
One of the best rappers in the business, Lonnie Rashid Lynn, Jr. A.K.A. the rapper, Common has been one of the most envied guys on the planet and not because of his skills at ‘spitting’ either. Common became one of the luckiest guys on the planet when he started dating Serena, the No. 1 female tennis player in the world today and one of the all-time greats. By the way, Common is also credited as the guy to get Williams refocused on achieving tennis greatness after taking a big step backwards following the death of sister Yetunde Price back in 2003.
4.) Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom
Okay, okay, while neither one of them are considered really ‘hot’ in the looks department, their recent marriage – after dating each other for all of six weeks – has vaulted them near the top of this list if for no other reason than the fact that most people think they’re both nuts. I hear Odom had her sign a pre-nup – after they were married! Sounds like a guy just willing to throw his money away to me.
5.) NHL defenseman Dion Phaneuf and actress Elisha Cuthbert
While not many people outside of the ‘hockey world’ have a clue who the hell Phaneuf is, guys everywhere have been salivating over the smoking hot Elisha Cuthbert for years – except Steve Avery that is. Cuthbert has appeared on the popular television series 24 for four of its five seasons.
Here is a run down on several celebrity sports couples, some famous and some not so much so. Honorable Mentions:
- L.A. Sparks WNBA superstar Candace Parker and Boston Celtics forward Shelden Williams
Married since 2008 November Boston Celtics forward
- Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias
- Jeff Gordon and Actress Ingrid Vandebosch
- NASCAR driver Dario Franchitti and actress Ashley Judd
Married since 2001
- NFL quarterback Jeff Garcia and Playmate Carmella DeCesare
Married since 2007, and expecting a daughter
- R&B Singer Keisha Cole and Cleveland Cavaliers Sniper Daniel Boobie Gibson
- WTA star Venus Williams and PGA golfer Hank Kuehne
- Tennis Star Maria Sharapova and Lakers Backup Guard Sasha Vujacic
- PGA Golfer Greg Norman and Former WTA Legend Chris Evert – Not!
- Reggie Bush and Kim Kardashian
Reportedly back together after being separated
- NFL wide receiver Hank Baskett and reality TV star Kendra Wilkinson
Recently Married and expecting first child together
- Former NFL star Michael Strahan and former model Nicole Mitchell Murphy
- Model Hilary Rhoda and Jets rookie Mark Sanchez
Reportedly dating after GQ photo shoot
- Tennis star Andy Roddick and fashion model Brooklyn Decker
- Golf star Tiger Woods and ex-model Elin Nordegren
Married since 2004, with two children together
- Eagles quarterback A.J. Feeley and soccer star Heather Mitts
Engaged on Christmas Day
- Supermodel Gisele Bundchen and NFL star Tom Brady
Reportedly married in February - and again in April.
- Tennis star Roger Federer and former WTA player Mirka Vavrinec
Married, with two twin daughters
- MLB player Nomar Garciaparra and soccer legend Mia Hamm
Married, with twin daughters
- Singer Carrie Underwood and NHL player Mike Fisher
- NASCAR star Carl Edwards and Dr. Kate Downey
- Recording artist Trina and NBA player Kenyon Martin
- Internet sensation Julia Allison and NFL star Jay Cutler
Reportedly spotted together at Hub 51 in Chicago
- UFC champ Brock Lesnar and former WWE star Rena Mero A.K.A. 'Sable'
Married since 2006
- Golf star Michelle Wie and NBA center Robin Lopez
- World Series MVP Cole Hamels and former reality TV star Heidi Strobel
Married since December 2006
- MMA fighter Tito Ortiz and adult film star Jenna Jameson
Dating since 2006
- Soccer star Ashley Cole and singer Cheryl Tweedy
Married since 2006