Villanova seeks an end to its five-game losing streak when pesky Providence pays a visit for a key Big East contest on Sunday night. The NCAA basketball spreads give the home team a slight edge in the matchup.
The Wildcats fell 85-80 at home against ninth-ranked Marquette on Tuesday to push their losing streak to a season-high five. Villanova had suffered an 88-81 double-overtime defeat at Butler in its previous outing. The Wildcats are due.
Providence lost junior forward Bryce Hopkins to a season-ending injury a month ago and dropped the first three games without him. But the Friars have won three of four since and batted No. 1 Connecticut to the end in a 74-65 loss on the road Wednesday.
Junior guard Devin Carter has led Providence and sits second in the league in scoring (18.7) if you bet online. Carter is averaging 22 points and four assists in the last four games.
This 20-second stretch from Providence’s Devin Carter slams the door shut on Georgetown.
One of the most underrated players in the nation. pic.twitter.com/fnVOSJ3TV7
— Made For March (@madeformarch) January 27, 2024
Here’s a look at some College basketball lines to consider!
Providence vs Villanova Game Information
- Game: Providence (14-7, 5-5 Big East) vs Villanova (11-10, 4-6)
- Location: Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia. Pa.
- Day/Time: Sunday, Feb. 4, 6 p.m. ET
- Providence vs Villanova Live Stream: NBA Game Pass
Villanova is a 4½-point favorite in the NCAA point spreads as it hosts Providence on Sunday in a battle of teams in the middle of the Big East pack. The Friars won both matchups last season, including a 70-65 triumph at Villanova, and are 4-1 ATS in the last five meetings. The Wildcats are 6-4 at home – 2-3 in Big East play – while Providence is 2-4 on the road (2-3 in league play).
Providence vs Villanova Spreads and Odds
Take A Look At These Other 2 NCAAB Special Articles
- Nebraska vs Illinois NCAAB Lines: Cornhuskers Cover ATS
- College Basketball Picks Today: UAB Hangs with SMU
Providence vs Villanova Betting Trends
- Over bettors are 5-1 in the last six Providence games and 5-2 in the past seven Villanova contests.
- The Friars have only hit the halftime money line at the sportsbook in two of their last 12 road contests.
- Villanova senior guard TJ Bamba is averaging 16.3 points over his last four games, raising his season mark to 10.6.
- Providence senior forward Josh Oduro has averaged 19 points and is 34-of-53 from the field his last five outings.
- Wildcats senior guard Justin Moore, second on the team at 10.8 points per game, is just 5-of-22 from the field the last three games.
- The Friars are 5-0 ATS in their last five road contests.
- Villanova is 1-6 ATS in its last seven contests versus a team with a winning straight-up record.
- The under is 6-0 in the last six Providence games as an underdog of a ½ point to 6 ½.
Providence vs Villanova Over/Under Pick: Over 138 (-110)
The teams average at least 146 points combined, so the number seems a bit low. The college basketball prediction is that the game opens up.
Providence vs Villanova ATS Pick: Villanova -4½ (-110)
This just smells like a game where the home team finally breaks a losing streak. The Wildcats have too much talent to drop six in a row and they will probably do it decisively.
Providence vs Villanova Moneyline Pick: Villanova (-195)
The Wildcats are the wounded animal right now and the Friars just haven’t been very good away from home. Providence is 3-7 in the last 10 true road games, dating back to last season..
Providence vs Villanova Player Prop: Bamba 15+ points in Villanova win (+267)
The Washington State transfer has been on his game of late and is a good bet to top the number.
Providence vs Villanova Prediction
Villanova 76, Providence 68: The Wildcats should start fast, hold off a Providence run, and make the home fans happy. Tyler Burton, averaging 16.3 points in the last four games, should also be a factor for Villanova.
Questions of the Day
Which team will shoot better from the free-throw line?
Villanova. The Wildcats lead the nation at 82.1% from the stripe and the Friars are at 68.9% after making just 13-of-26 versus UConn.
Will Eric Dixon score at least 20 points in the game for Villanova?
Yes. The big man is averaging a team-high 16 points on the season, but 22.7 over the last three and should be key to ending the team’s slide.