Teams will meet in an in-state battle when the Virginia Cavaliers host the Virginia Tech Hokies on Wednesday. Both teams will be looking to bounce back from recent losses while getting back to .500 in conference play as well. Both Tech and Virginia are each 2-3 in the ACC. The Cavaliers have dropped their last two, but NCAA basketball odds have them as a slight favorite as they return home in what should be a low-scoring clash.
Here’s a look at some March madness lines to consider!
Virginia Tech vs Virginia Game Information
- Game: Virginia Tech (10-6) vs. Virginia (11-5)
- Location: John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, VA
- Day/Time: Wednesday, Jan. 17, 7 p.m. ET
- Virginia Tech vs Virginia Live Stream: TBS.com
The Virginia Cavaliers will try to put an end to a two-game losing skid when they host the Virginia Tech Hokies on Wednesday at John Paul Jones Arena. NCAA basketball lines favor the Cavaliers by four points with the BetUs sportsbook setting the total at 124½ points.
Virginia Tech vs Virginia Odds and Spreads
Virginia Tech vs Virginia Betting Trends
- Under is 7-1 in Cavaliers last 8 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Under is 6-1 in Cavaliers last 7 games following an ATS loss.
- Under is 5-1 in Cavaliers last 6 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- Under is 5-1 in Cavaliers last 6 games as a favorite of 13.0 or greater.
- Four of the Cavaliers’ last 10 contests have gone over the total.
- In their past 10 games, the Hokies have gone over the total three times.
- A total of six out of the Cavaliers’ 16 games this season have gone over the point total.
- So far this year, seven out of the Hokies’ 16 games with an over/under have gone over the point total.
Virginia Tech vs Virginia Over/Under Pick: Under 124½ Points
Despite one of the lower point totals of the day, Virginia Tech and Virginia should still stay below as the two boast a couple of the top defenses in the conference.
Both the Hokies and Cavaliers are top five in the ACC in points allowed, with Virginia also second in the nation by giving up 57.8 points a game on a 39.4% field-goal percentage. Tech has been able to score, but it’s been held below its season average of 74.1 points twice in its last three games and Virginia won’t make things any easier.
The Cavaliers also aren’t likely to bring the scoring, averaging 64.9 points and finishing below that three times in their last five, including 47 points in their last game. With a pair of top defenses, the NCAAB game for Jan. 17 should be a defensive battle.
Virginia Tech vs Virginia Player Prop: Ryan Dunn Over 9.5 Points (-104)
Dunn has averaged 9.8 points and though not the leading scorer on the team, he has remained consistent for the Cavaliers. In four of Virginia’s last six games, Dunn has reached double figures, averaging 11.2 points in that time. In a game that should be close and defensive, the Cavaliers may continue to look to a reliable shooter in Dunn, who shoots 54.5%, to help them get it done.
Virginia Tech vs Virginia Prediction
Questions Of The Day
Which team has the best odds to get the victory?
Virginia is favored at home according to the odds.
Which Virginia player will score the most points?
Reece Beekman is likely to lead the Cavaliers in points.