- Guardians Took Opener
- Guardians at the Gate
- Chisox Burning Daylight
- Guardians vs White Sox Head-to-Head
- Guardians vs White Sox Game Information
- Guardians vs White Sox Betting Lines
- Guardians vs White Sox Prediction
- Guardians vs White Sox Trends
- Guardians vs White Sox Edge
- Guardians vs White Sox Results
- Guardians vs White Sox Game Injuries
- Guardians vs White Sox Game Summary
Guardians Took Opener
The Cleveland Guardians moved a step closer to taking down the AL Central Division, that after Tuesday night’s wild 10-7, 11-inning win over the homesteading Chicago White Sox. A five-game lead with time ticking away on the season entering Wednesday night’s contest.
Minnesota’s imploded, so Chicago is all that’s separating the Guardians and the title.
Guardians at the Gate
It’s not often that a 3-3 game after nine innings ends 10-7, but such was the case in Tuesday night’s opener of this three-game Chitown series.
It was Cleveland Guardians scoring twice in the top of the 10th, matched by the White Sox. It was Cleveland scoring five times in the top of the 11th, which was three more than the White Sox.
Seven Kwan went 4-of-6 to lead the offense.
The sportsbooks see the desperation in Chicago made Cleveland a tepid underdog Wednesday.
Righthander Triston McKenzie (10-11, 3.08 ERA) makes his 28th start/29th appearance of the season. McKenzie hasn’t taken a loss in his last three, having not allowed more than three runs once in his last eight.
Chisox Burning Daylight
Chicago White Sox pitcher Vince Velasquez said, “We’re taking the right steps to do some damage against Cleveland at home.”
That was before Tuesday.
Chicago will have veteran righty Lance Lynn on the mound Wednesday, 7-5 with a 3.99 ERA. Lynn’s last game was an 8-2 victory over the Guardians last week.
Guardians vs White Sox Head-to-Head
Cleveland is leading, 10-7, clinching the season series between the teams. Keep this in mind when betting online.
Guardians vs White Sox Game Information
- Game: Guardians (81-67) vs White Sox (76-72)
- Location: Guaranteed Rate Field, Chicago, IL
- Day/Time: Wednesday, Sept, 21st, 8:10 p.m. ET
- Guardians vs White Sox Live stream: MLB.tv
Guardians vs White Sox Betting Lines
|Team||Run Line||Moneyline||Total||Team Total|
T. McKenzie -R
|+1½ -190||+120||7½ -120o||3½ -105o
|Chicago White Sox
L. Lynn -R
|-1½ +160||-130||7½ Evu||3½ -135o
Guardians vs White Sox Prediction
Chicago cannot afford to lose this game, so perhaps that motivation is sufficient.