X
Skip to content

2025 NBA Championship Odds, Can Boston Repeat?

The Boston Celtics have just won their 18th NBA Championship and are currently the NBA betting favorite to repeat as champions in 2025 at +300 odds. Here’s the catch: since 2018, no team favored at the start of the season has actually gone on to claim the title.

Think about it – a +300 line basically translates to a 25% chance of winning. That means NBA oddsmakers are betting there’s a whopping 75% chance the Celtics won’t be hoisting the trophy next year. Ouch.

Title: 2025 NBA Championship Odds, Can Boston Repeat?
Can anyone stop Beantown? The Boston Celtics are the 2025 NBA Championship betting favorites.

 

2025 NBA Championship Odds On Who Can Dethrone The Celtics

The NBA Championship odds went up Monday night after the Celtics beat the Dallas Mavericks 106-88 at TD Garden. The Mavericks opened fifth in the 2025 title odds at +950 to win next year’s title.


Now, sandwiched between this year’s NBA Championship finalists are some interesting names. The Denver Nuggets, fresh off their 2023 championship run, are eyeing a repeat at +800 odds. Remember them getting bounced in the conference semifinals by the Minnesota Timberwolves last year? Yeah, that was a shocker. Speaking of the Wolves, they’re neck-and-neck with the Oklahoma City Thunder at +900 odds to win the whole thing in 2025.

Last year, the Nuggets were actually the favorites to repeat at +500 odds, but their playoff exit left everyone scratching their heads. The Milwaukee Bucks, boasting a healthy Giannis Antetokounmpo, were also considered contenders at +600 odds. Unfortunately, Giannis got sidelined, and the Bucks went crashing out in the first round against the Indiana Pacers. Talk about a plot twist!

So, what about the long shots in the 2025 championship race? Buckle up, because we’re talking serious underdogs. The Detroit Pistons, Portland Trail Blazers, and Washington Wizards are all tied at a staggering +50000 odds. Hey, anything’s possible, right?

 

What are the early odds for the 2025 NBA championship?

  • Boston Celtics +300
  • Denver Nuggets +800
  • Minnesota Timberwolves +900
  • Oklahoma City Thunder +900
  • Dallas Mavericks +950
  • Milwaukee Bucks +1000
  • New York Knicks +1400
  • Philadelphia 76ers +1400
  • Los Angeles Clippers +2200
  • Golden State Warriors +2200
  • Los Angeles Lakers +2200
  • Phoenix Suns +2500
  • Memphis Grizzlies +3000
  • Miami Heat +3000
  • Indiana Pacers +4000
  • Cleveland Cavaliers +5000
  • Sacramento Kings +6000
  • New Orleans Pelicans +6000
  • Orlando Magic +6500
  • Chicago Bulls +12500
  • Atlanta Hawks +12500
  • San Antonio Spurs +12500
  • Houston Rockets +15000
  • Toronto Raptors +25000
  • Utah Jazz +25000
  • Charlotte Hornets +25000
  • Brooklyn Nets +25000
  • Washington Wizards +50000
  • Portland Trail Blazers +50000
  • Detroit Pistons +50000

 

The point is the NBA offseason is a wild ride, and these opening odds are just the beginning. The draft, trades, free-agent signings, and unexpected breakout seasons can all throw a wrench into the best-laid plans. So, while the Celtics might be the favorites today, there’s plenty of action (and potential betting opportunities!) waiting to drop in the exciting world of the NBA. Stay tuned!

Related Tags

NBA News

Did you find this article interesting?

Comments (0)