The NBA’s glamour Pacific Division leads Thursday evening’s six-game slate. All five teams are in action with three-Phoenix and both Los Angeles clubs-headlining the national TV doubleheader. The Golden State Warriors are also in action as the largest favorite (against the Sacramento Kings) on the NBA betting line
Here’s a look at tonight’s games, complete with wagering notes.
Minnesota Timberwolves at Detroit Pistons
- Venue, Time: Little Caesars Arena, Detroit, MI, 7:10 p.m. ET
- Point Spread: Minnesota -7
- Money line: Minnesota -265, Detroit +225
- Total: 229
The Timberwolves visit the plummeting Pistons as the biggest road favorites they’ve probably ever been. Minnesota previously covered as a visitor against Houston as 6½-point faves. It’s only 3-4 against the spread (ATS) as road favorites, while Detroit is 11-9 ATS as an underdog at home.
Phoenix Suns at Atlanta Hawks
- Venue, Time: State Farm Arena, Atlanta, GA, 7:30 p.m. ET
- Point Spread: Phoenix -4
- Money line: Phoenix -175, Atlanta +155
- Total: 226½
They just keep winning. The Suns extended their current run to 11 consecutive games as they took out the Brooklyn Nets. Phoenix has gone 7-4 ATS in this stretch. Another streak on the line is the Hawks’ seven-game winning streak against the Suns in Georgia. The Hawks are also 6-1 ATS in their last seven home games.
THE STREAK CONTINUES. pic.twitter.com/vGhwqaq7Go
— Phoenix Suns (@Suns) February 2, 2022
Chicago Bulls at Toronto Raptors
- Venue, Time: Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, ON, 7:40 p.m. ET
- Point Spread: Toronto -3½
- Money line: Chicago +145, Toronto -165
- Total: 223
Looking to extend their winning streak to four, the Raptors are also out to end their five-game losing streak against the Bulls. Chicago is also 5-0 ATS in this span. The Raptors have covered 11 of their last 13 home games, but the Bulls are 12-2 ATS in their last 14 trips to Toronto. Colliding trends and an intriguing game to bet online.
Miami Heat at San Antonio Spurs
- Venue, Time: AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX, 8:40 p.m. ET
- Point Spread: Miami -4½
- Money line: Miami -190, San Antonio +150
- Total: 221
The Heat have been bitten by the injury bug, with the likes of Jimmy Butler and P.J. Tucker currently on the list. They’re shaky favorites on the online sportsbook, having failed in three straight and four of their last five ATS. However, the Spurs are just 5-10 against the spread as home ‘dogs.
Los Angeles Lakers at Los Angeles Clippers
- Venue, Time: Crypto.com Arena, Los Angeles, CA, 10 p.m. ET
- Point Spread: LA Clippers -3½
- Money line: LA Lakers +140, LA Clippers -160
- Total: 220
It’s rare to find a Laker game with the lowest point total for the evening. This team plays at a breakneck pace and hasn’t slowed down, even without LeBron James. The total has gone over in five of the Lakers’ last seven road games. The counterpart Clippers boast a top-six defense, but six of their last nine games have also gone over.
Sacramento Kings at Golden State Warriors
- Venue, Time: Chase Center, San Francisco, CA, 10 p.m. ET
- Point Spread: Golden State -13½
- Money line: Sacramento +700, Golden State -1000
- Total: 224
After a brief slump, it appears Golden State is back on track, having won seven straight games and covering four of its last five. The Kings snapped their seven-game losing skid against the depleted Nets. They are just 7-12 ATS as a road underdog, though 9-3 ATS in their last dozen against the Warriors.