San Antonio and Portland have a rematch following the Spurs’ upset victory over the Trail Blazers on Thursday night. This time, the Spurs will need to do it without Victor Wembanyama. As such, the Spurs’ spread increased even if Portland is showing several key players on its injury report. So instead of betting a side, the best NBA betting lines to play are in the total, which is too high.
Spurs vs Trail Blazers Game Information
- Game: Spurs (5-25) vs Trail Blazers (8-22)
- Date/Time: Friday, Dec. 29, 10 p.m. ET
- Location: Moda Center, Portland, OR
- Spurs vs Trail Blazers Live Stream: NBA Game Pass
The NBA odds give the Spurs +5½, which is up from three points on Thursday night. San Antonio is winless without Wembanyama and is just 3-12 as a visitor. Portland is not much better at home with a 4-11 record and 0-3 as chalk. But Portland’s totals, which is set at 232 here, have gone under plenty of times (6-9-0 at home).
Spurs vs Trail Blazers Odds and Spreads
Spurs vs Trail Blazers Betting Trends
- San Antonio is 1-11 in its last 12 road games
- Portland is 4-1 ATS when playing without rest
- The Spurs are 0-3 on both the spread and moneyline when Wembanyama does not play
- The total has gone under in in four of Portland’s last five games as the favorite
- The ‘under’ is 5-0-0 when Portland plays on the second game of a back-to-back
- The total has gone under in four of the Trail Blazers’ last five home games
- Portland averages 109 points as a host and San Antonio averages 106.5 as a visitor
- Spurs forward Zach Collins averages a career-best 14 points and 8.5 rebounds in six games against Portland
Wemby dropped 30/6/6 with 7 BLOCKS vs. Blazers 😤
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) December 29, 2023
Over/Under Pick: Bet Total to Go Under 232 Points
NBA teams playing without rest can either slack more on defense or be worse on offense. We’re leaning on the latter here as the Spurs’ already-terrible offense will miss its best player: Wembanyama. The Spurs averaged just over 108 points when playing without rest. They gave up 131 points on average.
But Portland is not the type to score that many points. The Trail Blazers average the third-fewest points at home (109). They have a slow pace (22nd overall) and average around 108.6 points when on the second night of a back-to-back. This team has been held to 105 points or fewer in six of its 15 home games.
On top of that, several star players like Anfernee Simons and DeAndre Ayton may play with injuries – if they play at all. The total is set a bit too high even if San Antonio’s defense can be overly generous. Bet online on the under.
Against the Spread Pick: Lay Points with Trail Blazers -5½
The under could be the best NBA bet on Dec. 29. But judging by how San Antonio plays without rest, we’re not against laying the 5½ points for Portland. San Antonio got blown out in these three games. And without Wembanyama, the Spurs miss its central piece on both offense and defense.
Spurs vs Trail Blazers Game Prediction
Question Of The Day
What are the most valuable betting props for the Spurs vs Trail Blazers?
With Wembanyama sitting out of this game, Zach Collins is a solid NBA pick to go over his player props’ totals.