The Orlando Magic and Minnesota Timberwolves battle for the second and final time this season when the two clash Friday. Minnesota aims to keep its place atop the Western Conference with another home win while the Magic will try to avoid getting swept. The Wolves easily downed Orlando on the road the first time around, and NBA odds have them favored to do the same once again in the rematch.
Magic vs Timberwolves Game Information
- Game: Magic (25-23) vs Timberwolves (34-14)
- Start Time: 8 p.m. ET
- Day Game: Feb. 2
- Location: Target Center, Minneapolis
- Magic vs Timberwolves Live Stream: NBA Game Pass
The Minnesota Timberwolves hope to extend their win streak to three when they host the Orlando Magic on Friday at the Target Center. NBA betting lines favor the Timberwolves by 7½ points, with the BetUS sportsbook setting the total at 211½ points.
Magic vs Timberwolves Head-to-Head
Magic vs Timberwolves Odds and Spreads
Magic vs Timberwolves Betting Trends
- The Timberwolves are 25-23 ATS this season.
- When the spread is set as 6½ or more this season, Minnesota (10-9) covers a higher percentage of those games when it is the favorite (52.6%) than Orlando (2-3) does as the underdog (40%).
- The Magic are 31-17 ATS this season.
- The Magic have a 39.4 winning percentage as a moneyline underdog (13-20).
- Minnesota is 4-1 ATS in its last five games against an opponent in the Southeast Division division.
- The Timberwolves are 28-8 as a ML favorite this season.
- Minnesota is 12-9-1 ATS at home.
- Orlando is 16-10 ATS on the road this season.
Magic vs Timberwolves ATS Pick: Minnesota Timberwolves -7½
The Timberwolves easily covered the spread on the road in their first game with Orlando, and now they are a strongNBA bet for Feb. 2 to do it at home as well, where they have looked unstoppable.
Minnesota is coming off a 30-point rout of the Mavericks at home, holding Dallas to 87 points, and it’ll look to continue that defensive dominance against Orlando. The Wolves lead the league in defense, limiting teams to 107 points per game. In their last six home games, they have held opponents to an average of 101.7.
After limiting the Magic to 92 points on 36.2% shooting in Orlando, Minnesota should make things difficult for the Magic once again. Orlando owns the sixth-worst offense in the league at 111.6 points per game.
Although the Magic have a strong defense as well, ranking fifth in the league, Minnesota’s offense has been on fire recently. In their last three games, the Wolves averaged 113.3 points a game on 53.8% shooting. With Minnesota’s dominance at home and its defensive strength, it should be able to slow down Orlando enough to cover the spread.
Magic vs Timberwolves Player Prop: Paolo Banchero Over 21½ Points
Banchero leads the Magic at 23 points per game this season, and he’ll need another strong performance to keep them competitive with Minnesota. Banchero put up some big performances in January, averaging 25.8 points, and has scored at least 25 in his last four.
Though he finished with 18 in Orlando’s last game against Minnesota, Banchero has been big on the road, averaging 24.7 points a game.
Magic vs Timberwolves Prediction
Questions Of The Day
What is the Timberwolves’ record at home?
Minnesota has been tough to beat at home, going 18-4 this season at Target Center.
What was the score of the first matchup between Minnesota and Orlando?
The Timberwolves downed the Magic 113-92 in Orlando the first time out.