Skip to content

Phoenix Suns (24-5) vs Los Angeles Lakers (16-15)

The shorthanded Los Angeles Lakers face an uphill climb as the Phoenix Suns come to town. The NBA betting odds have the Suns as a sizable favorite here for valid reasons: Phoenix has owned Los Angeles. And judging by the latest news, stats, and injury reports, this is a trend that could continue on Tuesday night.

Suns Continue Mastery Against Lakers

Lakers: A Sinking Ship?

It was just over a year ago when the Los Angeles Lakers were hoisting the Larry O’Brien Trophy in the air as the NBA champions. Now, the Lakers are a .500 team and every news about them concerns either injuries or trade rumors. This is a slowly sinking ship, even with LeBron James still in it.

Suns vs Lakers NBA week 10 2021
Tom Pennington/Getty Images/AFP

The Lakers lost Anthony Davis (knee) for the foreseeable future and have dropped their last two games. And other than defeating the Luka Doncic-less Dallas Mavericks, the Lakers have not beaten a winning team since Miami on Nov. 10. James has still been balling with 26.5 points on 51.8 percent shooting since he returned but the team has only gone 7-6 in this span.

This team is not just mediocre on the moneyline but also brutal on the spread: 12-19 overall and 6-11 at home Diehards won’t admit it, but this is not an elite team anymore.

Suns Bright and Hot

Where the Lakers sink, the Suns rise. The team that handed James his first first-round playoff exit in 2020-21 is even better than last season. Phoenix has the best record in the NBA with the third-best net rating.

Even more impressive: Phoenix has the best record against winning teams (11-3) and in 10-point games (12-4). And, yet, the Suns are “only” 16-13 against the spread (ATS), though they have covered four of their last five games.

Phoenix has also benefited from having a healthy roster, much like last season, although leading scorer Devin Booker has played in only one game this month. The consistency is what makes the Suns a great bet online though it’s worth mentioning that their last three losses have come in division matchups.

Phoenix Suns vs Los Angeles Lakers Head to Head

Phoenix Stat Los Angeles
7-3 Record 3-7
7-3-0 Point Spread 3-7-0
4-6-0 Over/Under 4-6-0
107.4 Average Score 101.1
54.5 Half Time 46.8

Phoenix Suns vs Los Angeles Lakers Game Information

Date: Tuesday
Time: 10 p.m. ET
Location: Staples Center
Phoenix Suns vs Los Angeles Lakers Live Stream: NBA Game Pass

Phoenix Suns vs Los Angeles Lakers Betting Lines

Phoenix Los Angeles
-280 Moneyline +240
67.44% Implied Probability 32.56%



Point Spread








Phoenix Suns vs Los Angeles Lakers Prediction

Phoenix isn’t slowing down and especially not against the Lakers, a defensively challenged squad with the oldest legs in the league. James can style all over Phoenix if he wants, but the rest of the squad will be hard-pressed to keep up with Phoenix’s balanced attack that features seven players averaging double-digit points.

Though the Suns have had close calls, many of its misses were bad beats. This is a team that has a top-10 defense, is limiting opponents to the third-lowest effective field goal rate and is forcing the sixth-most turnovers. The tired and disorganized Lakers will get ousted. Bet Phoenix on the BetUS online sportsbook

Pick: Phoenix Suns -6½

Thanks to their high-octane offense and cavalier defense, 10 of the Lakers’ 17 home games have gone over. But the Suns will put a lid on that and keep this one at a manageable pace. Phoenix will control this game and keep the scoring low, much like three of their last four road games.

Pick: Total – Under 223½

Parlay: Phoenix Suns and Under 223½ at +264

Featured Picks

Related News