X
Skip to content

Warriors, Suns Set For Rubber Match

Even amidst the COVID outbreak in the NBA, the league’s two best teams, the Golden State Warriors and Phoenix Suns, remain relatively healthy and are set to showdown this Christmas Day. With the latest news, stats, and injury reports, Phoenix is favored on the NBA betting odds as they look to win the rubber match against their division rivals.

Golden State Warriors (26-6) vs Phoenix Suns (26-5)

Suns Nearly Unbeatable at Home

The last time Phoenix lost a home game, everyone knew the Earth was round, COVID did not exist, and Jake Paul was still a YouTuber. Maybe it’s not that long but it’s been awhile: Nearly two full months and 14 home games ago since Phoenix took an “L” at the Footprint Center.

Warriors and Suns Set For Rubber Match This Christmas
Ezra Shaw/Getty Images/AFP

Phoenix has turned back the likes of Denver, Dallas (twice) and Golden State. In fact, counting all of its home games, the team has the best field goal percent at 49.2 percent and the second-most rebounds (47.5). This combo is why they’re second in the NBA in net rating at 10.4.

More importantly, Phoenix has stayed relatively healthy. Just like last season, the Suns’ good health has allowed them to pick off teams that are missing key players. Efficient, productive and vigorous, the Suns are almost an automatic bet online when at home, where they are 15-2.

Warriors Eye Top Spot

Golden State is a half-game behind Phoenix for the best record in the NBA and a win here will fix that. However, like most NBA teams, the Warriors have not been as prolific on the road. The team is just 7-6-1 against the spread (ATS) on the road and their offense dips from 114.3 to to 108.7 in rating.

Steph Curry’s scoring average is just a bit lower on the road, but his efficiency takes a big hit with his true shooting percentage and offensive rating dropping by 5.5 and 11 points, respectively.

The Warriors still maintain one of the best defenses on the road, which would be why they are 10-4 overall. But if Curry is not hot, Golden State will be ripe for fading on the BetUS online Sportsbook.

Curry is coming off a big game, scoring 46 points in Golden State’s 113-104 home win against the Memphis Grizzlies on Thursday night.

Golden State Warriors vs Phoenix Suns Head to Head

Golden State Stat Phoenix
4-6 Record 6-4
5-5-0 Point Spread 5-5-0
1-9-0 Over/Under 1-9-0
107.40 Average Score 109.30
51.80 Half Time 58.60

Golden State Warriors vs Phoenix Suns Game Information

Date: Saturday

Time: 5 p.m. ET

Location: Footprint Center

Golden State Warriors vs Phoenix Suns Live Stream: NBA Game Pass

Golden State Warriors vs Phoenix Suns Betting Lines

Golden State Phoenix
+170 Moneyline -200
47.83% Implied Probability 52.17%
+6

(-110)

Point Spread -6

(-110)

217½

(-110o)

Total 217½

(-110u)

Golden State Warriors vs Phoenix Suns Prediction

The last time Golden State and Phoenix met in Phoenix, it was not a good night for Curry and his squad. Mikal Bridges put the hurt on Curry and held him to his worst game of the season: 12 points on 4-of-21 shooting with as many turnovers as he had assists (two each).

It’s unlikely that Curry will be shut down again. But the absence of Jordan Poole and Andrew Wiggins (quarantine), two of Golden State’s more productive role players, gives them a smaller margin for error. Phoenix has covered three straight home spreads. Make this the fourth.

Pick: Phoenix Suns -6

The Suns and Warriors are two of the best teams to back when betting the under. Golden State’s road game totals have gone under 11 out of 17 times while all seven of Phoenix’s games in the division have as well. This one will be ruled by the defense, as has been the trend on Christmas Day.

Pick: Total – Under 217½

Parlay: Suns -6 and Under 217½ (+264)

Did you find this article interesting?

Comments (0)