Arizona Cardinals vs Dallas Cowboys
Cardinals vs Cowboys Prediction, Preview, Stream, Odds & Picks
Let’s check the latest news, stats, injury reports, and NFL Odds for Arizona Cardinals vs Dallas Cowboys. We’ve plenty of NFL predictions for you to consider.
Sunday the Dallas Cowboys (2-0) will battle the Arizona Cardinals (0-2). Oddsmakers peg the Cowboys as the huge favorite with an implied win probablity of 83%, leaving the Cardinals with a 17% chance to record a win. The current spread is the Cowboys -11.0 with a Game Total of 43.5.
Arizona's primary disadvantage has been their defense, which has allowed a monstrous 360 yards per game this year, sliding them into the #9 spot among the league's worst. They've struggled in large part because they've been unable to keep opposing offenses from moving the chains via their pass attack. Opposing QBs have thrown for the #6-most yards per game (237) against the Cardinals. That kind of ineffectiveness has also leached over to their run defense, which has landed them in the #25 spot in terms of yards per carry (4.87). Opposing running backs have given the Cardinals pass defense the most trouble, posting 41 yards per game against them (#2-worst in football). Arizona's coverage problems have been exacerbated by their cornerbacks, who rank just #31 in the league in locking down opposing pass-catchers. Arizona's defensive ends are perhaps most responsible for their paltry pass rush this year, given that they grade out as the #5-worst unit in the NFL. When it comes to their offense, the Cardinals check in at #24 in football when it comes to total yards per game. Their passing game has compiled 226 yards per game (#20 in football). Their run game has ranked #22 with 4.11 yards per attempt on the ground.
Dallas's biggest strength has been their defense, ranking #10 in the league while allowing just 326 yards per game. Much of their success has been in locking down the pass game, holding opposing QBs to the #6-least yards per game: 205. That's not to take anything away from their run defense, though, which checks in at #7 in yards per carry (4.33). The Cowboys pass defense has done the best job shutting down opposing running backs, holding them to 25 yards per game (#4-best). Dallas's best position group in coverage has been their safeties, which rank #3 in the league in locking down route-runners. Dallas's pass rush has been strong this year, led by their defensive ends, which check in as the #2-best unit in terms of getting to the passer. This represents a particular advantage for Dallas given that the Cardinals have struggled so much with their pass game this year, managing just 5.94 yards per target (#1-worst in the league). In terms of their offense, the Cowboys have ranked #8 in the league in total yards per game. They've passed for 229 yards per game (#16 in football). On the ground they've ranked #17 with 4.36 yards per carry.