X
Skip to content
Lions Team Logo

vs

Team Logo Bears

Sunday, 10 December, 2023
1:00 PM

NFL Matchups

Detroit Lions vs Chicago Bears

Lions vs Bears Prediction, Preview, Stream, Odds & Picks

In a highly-anticipated divisional matchup, the Detroit Lions (9-3) will take on the Chicago Bears (4-8) at Soldier Field on Sunday afternoon. Both teams will be looking to secure a crucial victory in this rivalry game.

The Lions have been having an exceptional season so far, exceeding expectations with their impressive 9-3 record. They have been playing some solid football, winning eight of their last ten games and demonstrating their dominance on the field. In their last outing, the Lions secured a thrilling 33-28 victory over the New Orleans Saints.

On the other hand, the Bears have been struggling this season with a disappointing 4-8 record. They have lost six of their last ten games and will be eager to turn their fortunes around. Coming off a bye week, the Bears have had 13 days of rest to regroup and prepare for the upcoming clash.

The last time these two teams met was in Week 11 of the 2023 season, where the Lions came out victorious with a 31-26 win on the road. This historical matchup adds an extra layer of significance to this game, as both teams aim to make a statement and secure a crucial win.

Despite playing at Soldier Field, the Bears find themselves as slight underdogs, while the Lions are favored to come out on top. The current spread for the Lions stands at -3.0, indicating their slight advantage. The Lions also hold an implied win probability of 60% based on the odds, while the Bears have a 40% chance of pulling off an upset.

With the Lions playing on normal rest and the Bears coming off a bye week, both teams will enter the game with different levels of preparation and rest. It remains to be seen which team can capitalize on these factors and come out on top in this divisional battle.

As kickoff approaches at 1:00 PM ET, fans can expect a thrilling and competitive game between these long-standing rivals. The Lions will look to continue their impressive run, while the Bears will fight to turn their season around and secure a much-needed victory.

Lions vs Bears Betting Odds

Lions vs Bears Records

team icon

Chicago Bears

Justin Fields

over / under

10.5

Carries

-135/-105

While Justin Fields has earned 28.6% of his offense's carries in games he has played this year, the model projects him to be a more important option in Chicago's rushing attack in this game at 33.6%.

Darnell Mooney

over / under

24.5

Receiving Yards

-115/-115

After accruing 68.0 air yards per game last season, Darnell Mooney has undergone a big decline this season, currently pacing 36.0 per game.

D.J. Moore

over / under

73.5

Receiving Yards

-116/-111

The Lions pass defense has performed very well when opposing WRs have gotten into space, allowing an average of 2.82 yards-after-the-catch this year: the fewest in football.

team icon

Detroit Lions

Jared Goff

over / under

22.5

Completions

-110/-130

When it comes to pass protection (and the positive impact it has on all passing offense statistics), the offensive line of the Detroit Lions ranks as the 2nd-best in the NFL this year.

Amon-Ra St. Brown

over / under

6.5

Receptions

-140/100

Amon-Ra St. Brown's pass-catching performance improved this season, notching 7.7 adjusted receptions compared to a measly 6.7 last season.

David Montgomery

over / under

0

Rushing Touchdowns

0/0

In this game, David Montgomery is anticipated by the predictive model to place in the 98th percentile when it comes to RBs with 0.63 rushing TDs.

Lions vs Bears Injuries

Lions ROI

Bears ROI

Lions Stats

Bears Stats

Betting Trends

team icon

Detroit Lions

The Detroit Lions have hit the Moneyline in 8 of their last 10 away games (+8.35 Units / 67% ROI)

Units

+8.35

ROI

66.53%

Darnell Mooney

Darnell Mooney has hit the Receiving Yards Over in 7 of his last 8 games (+5.80 Units / 66% ROI)

Units

+5.8

ROI

65.54%

Bears vs Lions Win Probability

* Stats and rankings in this article have been adjusted for context (i.e. weather, game state, field position, down, distance, etc). These are more predictive than raw stats and put players/teams on a more even playing field for the purpose of comparison. Note that, by design, these stats will not match up with those you find on stat pages and leaderboards around the industry.

BetUS Sportsbook & Casino
Average rating:  
 0 reviews