The Tennessee Titans are going to win the AFC South but whereas it seemed they might be able to get a higher playoff seed a few weeks ago, it looks like they’re headed for the No. 4 seed now.
The Titans were 7-3 through 10 games, but now they’re 7-5 after consecutive losses to the Cincinnati Bengals and Philadelphia Eagles.
On top of that, the Titans bizarrely fired general manager Jon Robinson this week – an odd decision after he built what seemed like a very competitive team over the last few seasons.
Are the Titans a bit of a sinking ship or will they get right against the Jacksonville Jaguars? Let’s take a closer look at the NFL betting odds for this one.
Jaguars vs Titans Betting Analysis
Jaguars Limp into Nashville
The Jacksonville Jaguars were handled rather easily by the Detroit Lions last weekend. Trevor Lawrence got banged up, but that was not the main reason the Jaguars lost.
Jacksonville got shredded by Jared Goff and the Lions’ passing attack for over 330 yards while allowing 437 total yards in total. The Lions controlled the ball for nearly 37 minutes compared to the Jaguars’ 23 minutes of possession.
Detroit racked up 31 first downs to Jacksonville’s 14. The Jags’ defense was simply horrible in a 40-14 rout.
Lawrence expects to play in this game, even though he has been officially listed as questionable, but that is secondary to the larger reality. If the Titans can impose their will and pound the Jaguars on the ground, Lawrence playing or missing time won’t matter here.
Scoop on Free Play from the Locker Room
Titans Face Own Quarterback Questions
The quarterback situation surrounding the Titans is a little more urgent than it is for the Jaguars, if only because we have seen what happens when Ryan Tannehill can’t play.
You might recall the Sunday Night Football game several weeks ago in which Malik Willis tried to lead Tennessee against the Kansas City Chiefs. Tannehill has been limited in practice, which means he should play, but he’s clearly not 100%.
Those who bet online should note that the Jags have a decent run defense, ranking 13th in the NFL. Titans running back Derrick Henry has been held to 208 yards total over his last four games. If he struggles again, so will the Titans.
Jaguars vs Titans Game Injuries
Jaguars vs Titans Head to Head
The Titans lead the series 34-21, and they won 20-0 in 2021 in the most recent meeting. The two teams will meet in Jacksonville on the last day of the season.
The Jaguars are 1-5 straight up on the road and 1-4-1 against the spread. The Titans are 3-2 straight up at home this season, 3-2 against the spread.
Jaguars vs Titans Game Information
- Game: Jaguars vs Titans
- Date: Sunday, Dec. 11
- Time: 1 p.m. ET
- Location: Nissan Stadium, Nashville, TN
- Jaguars vs Titans Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
Jaguars vs Titans Game Weather Conditions
Temperature should be 46 degrees and mostly sunny with calm winds in an outdoor stadium.
Jaguars vs Titans Picks & Prediction
Predicted Score: Titans 20, Jaguars 13
- Worth Betting on the Moneyline?
– Yes. It’s a relatively low price for a game in which one team is a proven playoff-level team, hosting a warm-weather team in December and coming off a two-game losing streak. Take the Titans with your NFL picks.
- Worth Betting ATS?
– The moneyline seems like the better play in the sportsbook. No one would be shocked if the Titans won a 16-13 type of game and the Jaguars covered the four-point spread.
- Worth Betting on the Totals?
– Yes. This game figures to be a low-scoring slog, and the total seems pretty high in light of that forecast. It’s true that the Jaguars’ defense is weak, but Tennessee’s offense isn’t strong, either. This should be an under.
The odds and predictions in the article are based on the time of writing and publication. They may differ as to when the actual event takes place.
Take a Look at Other 2 Previews, Picks & Predictions For NFL Week 14 Matchups
- Texans vs Cowboys Odds, Game Preview, Live Stream, Picks & Predictions
- Vikings vs Lions Odds, Game Preview, Live Stream, Picks & Predictions