Before placing your bet on either the San Francisco 49ers or the Kansas City Chiefs for Super Bowl 58, thorough research is crucial!
Begin by familiarizing yourself with the 2024 Super Bowl odds. As you delve deeper into your analysis, don’t miss out on exploring some mind-boggling trends, some rooted in Super Bowl betting history while others are specific to the KC vs SF matchup.
Full disclosure: the more fringe the trend, the less useful it is in a practical Super Bowl betting situation. But we’ve already covered this game from so many angles, so why not have a little fun with these entertaining trends?
Here’s a look at some NFL odds to consider!
Super Bowl 58 Betting Trends
Winners Wear White
I love this trend because it’s super weird but also strangely consistent. Does that make it useful? Hard to say, but the stats don’t lie.
The stat I am referring to is that teams wearing their white jerseys are 16-3 in the last 19 Super Bowl games. Look all you want, and you will struggle to find a stronger obscure stat that borders on useful when NFL betting.
— Bearded Baker Bets (@BeardedBakerBet) January 31, 2024
The Chiefs, technically the home team, will be donning their red jerseys, while the 49ers will be wearing white. While white jerseys dominate statistically, teams are just 6-6 when wearing red in the Super Bowl.
The only three teams to win a Super Bowl in the last 20 years wearing anything other than white are the Chiefs in Super Bowl 54, the Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl 52, and the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl 45.
While they are on the wrong side of this Super Bowl betting trend, the Chiefs are at least one of the three teams in the last two decades to win in a non-white uniform.
Underdogs Cashing Tickets in Recent Super Bowls
Recently, NFL betting underdogs have shown remarkable success in Super Bowl matchups. In eight of the past 12 Super Bowls, underdogs have triumphed outright.
Only three teams—the Los Angeles Rams, New England Patriots, and Kansas City Chiefs—have secured Super Bowl victories as favorites in this period, with the Patriots achieving this feat in Super Bowls 51 and 53.
At the moment, Chiefs (+2) are receiving 71% of tickets on the spread via @ActionLabs_HQ.
Last 20 years, nine Super Bowl underdogs have closed as the public side — none since 2017-18 Eagles. Those teams are 6-3 ATS with the last three winning outright. pic.twitter.com/JURQ9HP0Bd
— Evan Abrams (@EvanHAbrams) February 4, 2024
Take A Look At These Other 2 NFL Special Articles
- Super Bowl 58 Betting: Last-Minute Adjustments
- Super Bowl 58 Second Half Live In-Play Betting Picks and Props
Here are a few more quick trends to pique your interest in making offbeat Super Bowl Sunday NFL picks.
- Teams from the AFC are 6-3 in the last nine Super Bowls
- The AFC has a 4-1 ATS record in the last five Super Bowls.
- Underdogs are 4-2 ATS in the last six Super Bowls.
- The Under is 4-1 in the last five Super Bowls.
- In the last 14 Super Bowls, early money has been correct more often than not, with an 11-2-1 record against the NFL spread.
- In 12 of the last 15 Super Bowls, the winning QBs have been at least 27 years old.
- A QB has won Super Bowl MVP honors in 14 of the last 22 title games.
- Underdogs are 5-2 SU when the halftime show is male-led.
Chiefs vs 49ers Game Information
- Game: Chiefs vs 49ers
- Location: Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas, NV
- Day/Time: Sunday, Feb 11, 6:30 p.m. ET
- Chiefs vs 49ers Live Stream: NFL Game Pass