Tennessee Titans vs Houston Texans Game Information
- Game:Titans (5-10) vs Texans (8-7)
- Date/Time: Sunday, December 31, 2023, 1 p.m. ET
- Location: NRG Stadium, Houston, TX
- Titans vs Texans Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- Line: Houston -4, 44
Backdrop: The Titans enter this matchup having lost 3 of their last 4 games while the Texans have alternated wins and losses over their last four contests, including their 36-22 setback against the Browns last week.
Titans vs Texans Odds and Spreads
Titans vs Texans Betting Trends
- Tennessee is 5-15 SU in their last 20 games.
- Tennessee is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games against Houston.
- Tennessee is 1-9 SU in their last 10 games on the road.
- Tennessee is 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games against an AFC opponent.
- Tennessee is 0-7 SU in their last 7 games against an AFC South opponent.
- Houston is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games played in December.
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Tennessee’s last 19 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games against Tennessee.
Titans vs Texans ATS Pick: Texans -4
The Tennessee Titans put forth a solid effort last week in a losing cause against the Seattle Seahawks. When the dust cleared, the Titans dropped a 20-17 decision and pushed as 3-point home underdogs.
Veteran quarterback Ryan Tannehill got the start in place of injured rookie Will Levis but it appears the latter will be back under center for this one after being sidelined by an ankle injury last week.
These teams played two weeks ago and the Texans came away with a 19-16 overtime victory, covering as 3-point road dogs according to the NFL odds at the time. However, the Texans were severely undermanned but will have many of those players coming back healthy for this meeting.
One of those players returning for Houston appears to be wunderkind rookie, C.J. Stroud, who has been in concussion protocol causing him to miss the first meeting between these teams while veteran Case Keenum was summoned in his stead.
We should also note that Levis was sacked seven times by the Houston pass rush and not much is expected to change as Tennessee is still using a patchwork offensive line, which will further limit the Titans’ offense.
Player Prop Pick: C.J. Stroud Passing Touchdowns Over 2½ (+177)
There is an excellent chance Stroud starts for Houston and if he goes, he will torch a lackluster Tennessee secondary, making over 2½ passing touchdowns an easy bet to make.
Titans vs Texans Prediction
Questions of the Day
When, and where, is the Titans vs. Texans game?
The Titans vs. Texans game takes place on December 31, 2023, and will be held at NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas.
How good is Titans player Derrick Henry?
Running back Derrick Henry is one of the best running backs in the league and is a 3x Pro Bowler.
The odds and predictions in the article are based on the time of writing and publication. They may differ as to when the actual event takes place.