Some familiar names are starting to get hot with Colorado center Nathan MacKinnon, Los Angeles defenseman Drew Doughty and Winnipeg goalie Connor Hellebuyck leading the list of the players on the “Who’s Hot” list. Defenseman Adam Fox is also on the list for a New York Rangers team that is among the top candidates according to the NHL betting odds.
The Rangers and fellow division leaders Boston and Colorado are all coming off losses. However, three of the division leaders have at least four-point cushions. Vegas and Boston are among the front-runners according to the NHL futures odds as the top Stanley Cup contenders.
The Edmonton Oilers have won five games in a row and have the longest active winning streak in the NHL while the Seattle Kraken are on a six-game losing streak.
When looking at the NHL odds and predictions, the Colorado Avalanche (+800), Boston Bruins (+900), New York Rangers (+900), and Vegas Golden Knights (+900) lead the way in the odds of winning the Stanley Cup. The Carolina Hurricanes (+1100) and Dallas Stars (+1100) aren’t far behind in the championship odds.
Keep reading for information on the hottest forwards, defensemen, and goalies, as well as players recently struggling, to help with your NHL spread picks.
- Bo Horvat, New York Islanders: Horvat has three straight multi-point games and he has two goals and five assists in three games in December.
- Mikael Granlund, San Jose Sharks: It isn’t often that a San Jose player makes it onto the “Who’s Hot” list, but Granlund’s seven assists and nine points in December are the most in the NHL.
- Nathan MacKinnon, Colorado Avalanche: MacKinnon has four goals and 12 assists during his 10-game point streak for the Central Division-leading Avalanche. Keep an eye on MacKinnon when it comes to the NHL betting lines in the odds to win the Hart Trophy.
- Drew Doughty, Los Angeles Kings: Doughty has goals in each of the last three games as Los Angeles is 3-0-0 in the month of December.
Get the puck to Drew Doughty pic.twitter.com/nmIEg5nbwg
— LA Kings (@LAKings) December 8, 2023
- Adam Fox, New York Rangers: Fox has assisted on five of the 12 goals scored by the Rangers in their three games played this month. He continues to be among those listed by our sportsbook as a top contender in the Norris Trophy race.
- Thomas Harley, Dallas Stars: In four games in December, Harley has two goals, two assists, and a plus/minus rating of +4.
- Connor Hellebuyck, Winnipeg Jets: Hellebuyck has allowed three goals or less in his last 11 outings. He is 8-3 with a .931 save percentage during that stretch.
- Juuse Saros, Nashville Predators: Saros is 3-0-0 with a 1.62 goals-against average and a save percentage of .948 in three games in December.
- Cam Talbot, Los Angeles Kings: Talbot has stopped 44 of 45 shots over the last two games and hasn’t allowed more than two goals in each of his last six games.
- Yanni Gourde, Seattle Kraken: Gourde has no goals and no assists with a plus/minus rating of -6 during Seattle’s six-game losing streak.
- Anton Lundell, Florida Panthers: Lundell has no goals and one assist to go with a -2 defensive rating in his last six games.
- Tyler Toffoli, New Jersey Devils: After having 12 goals and nine assists in the first 21 games, Toffoli has no goals (despite 10 shots on goal) and no assists in the last three games.
- Kaiden Guhle, Montreal Canadiens: Guhle has no goals and one assist with a plus/minus rating of -6 in his last seven games.
- Owen Power, Buffalo Sabres: Power has no goals and no assists with a defensive rating of -1 over the last five games with Buffalo going 1-4 in those contests.
- Rasmus Sandin, Washington Capitals: Sandin has no goals and one assist over the last nine games with a plus/minus rating of -3.
- Mackenzie Blackwood, San Jose Sharks: Blackwood has surrendered 10 goals on 56 shots in his two games in December.
- Eric Comrie, Buffalo Sabres: Comrie is 0-4 with a 5.17 goals-against average and .827 save percentage over his last four games.
- Thatcher Demko, Vancouver Canucks: Demko has allowed 12 goals on 100 shots over the last three games for the Canucks.
Questions Of The Day
Which NHL players and teams are currently on fire and worth betting on?
New York Rangers defenseman Adam Fox and Colorado forward Nathan MacKinnon are among the stars putting up the points in recent action.
What are the most promising NHL prop picks of the week?
Keep an eye on young Dallas Stars defenseman Thomas Harley, who is starting to emerge into an offensive force.