The New York Rangers should be among your NHL ATS picks on Sunday night when they visit the struggling Anaheim Ducks.
The Metropolitan Division-leading Rangers managed one goal each night as they lost the first two games of their Western trip. New York fell 5-1 at Vegas on Thursday before recording just 23 shots on net –- two in the first period – inf a 2-1 setback at Los Angeles on Saturday.
The Rangers are fading a bit with two wins in eight contests (2-5-1), but face two of the bottom three teams in the league the next two games with the Ducks (31 points) and the San Jose Sharks (26) on Tuesday to end the trip.
Anaheim doesn’t have a rest advantage after suffering a 5-3 loss at San Jose on Saturday. The Ducks, missing three key players with injuries, are 3-10-1 in their last 14 contests and are 29h in the league in offense.
New York is +1000 to win the Stanley Cup in the Las Vegas hockey odds despite its recent struggles and Anaheim is 20 points out of a playoff spot after starting the season 7-4-0.
Rangers vs Ducks Game Information
- Game: Rangers (28-15-2) vs Ducks (15-29-1)
- Location: Honda Center, Anaheim, Calif.
- Day/Time: Sunday, Jan. 21, 8:30 p.m. ET
- Rangers vs Ducks Live Stream: NHL.com
The Rangers will be prominent in many hockey bets today as they visit the scuffling Ducks for a cross-conference battle. New York has won five of the last six meetings, including a 5-1 triumph at home on Dec. 15. Anaheim, which is without injured forwards Alex Killorn (knee) and Trevor Zegras (ankle), along with defenseman Pavel Mintyukov (shoulder), is 6-16-1 at home and the Rangers are 13-9-2 on the road.
Rangers vs Ducks Spreads and Odds
Rangers vs Ducks Trends
- The Rangers are 7-0 in their last seven second games of back-to-backs.
- The Ducks started the season 23-17 ATS the first 40 games, but are just 1-4 in the past five contests.
- New York has not been a great bet on the puck line this season (19-26), including 2-6 in the past eight games at the sportsbook.
- Anaheim forward Troy Terry has recorded seven points in his last seven games.
- Rangers defenseman Adam Fox has six points in his past six games and registered two assists in the first meeting with the Ducks.
- The Ducks are 4-25 in their last 29 games as a home underdog of +151 to +190.
- New York is 7-1 in its last eight games as a road favorite of -201 or greater.
- Anaheim goalie Lukas Dosta has a .921 save percentage in January despite a 1-2-1 record.
Rangers vs Ducks Over/Under Pick: Over 6 (-105)
Expect the Rangers to get their offense going with leading scorer Artemi Panarin (61 points), who had two assists in the first meeting.
Rangers vs Ducks Pick Against the Spread: Rangers -1½ (+110)
New York has not been a great ATS bet this season despite its overall record, but with a rested Igor Shesterkin (18-11-0) in net and a relatively healthy lineup the Rangers should roll if you bet online.
Rangers vs Ducks Moneyline Pick: Rangers (-225)
It won’t be profitable but, the way the Rangers have played on the back end of back-to-backs this season and with Shesterkin primed to recover after losing three of five, they should be part of your NHL parlays.
Rangers vs Ducks Player Prop: Mika Zibanejad 1+ goals (+160)
The Rangers’ center had two points in the first matchup this season and has 11 goals in 18 career games versus the Ducks.
Rangers vs Ducks Prediction
Rangers 5, Ducks 2: New York has allowed 18 goals during a five-game road losing streak, but expect that trend to end. Chris Kreider snapped a seven-game goal drought Saturday and had two goals in the first meeting with Anaheim. The power forward should have another big night.
Chris Kreider ties Camille Henry (136) for the fourth most ROAD goals in Rangers history. #NYR
— NY Rangers PR (@NYR_PR) January 21, 2024
Questions of the Day
Will the Rangers hit the first period moneyline?
Yes. After their weak performance in the first 20 minutes Saturday, coach Peter Laviolette will likely light a fire under them to start this game fast.
Will Ducks forward Frank Vatrano score against his former team?
Yes. Vatrano boasts a team-leading 21 goals and should rebound after being shut out and posting a -4 rating in Saturday’s loss.