Skip to content

Flames at Panthers Game Preview, NHL Odds, Picks & Predictions 2022

The NHL’s best home team welcomes the NHL’s best road team as the Florida Panthers play host to the Calgary Flames. Going through the latest news, stats, and injury reports, Florida is the slight favorite.

Who has the real edge with these NHL betting odds as both teams are on a roll and beginning to get healthy.

Flames vs Panthers Game Preview NHL Odds Picks & Predictions 2022
Derek Leung/Getty Images/AFP

Best Home Team: Florida

With a 17-3-0 record, Florida has the best home-ice advantage in the NHL. The Panthers are averaging the most shots (38.7) and the second-most goals (4.35) despite having a so-so power play (PP) at just 19.7 percent.

Florida has blown out teams like Tampa Bay, Carolina and Colorado. The Panthers’ three home losses came at the hands of Seattle, Ottawa and Los Angeles, three sizable underdogs in what appear to be aberrations.

The Panthers are ultra-aggressive, big and prolific. If they have a weakness, it will be in net. Sergei Bobrovsky has been solid but can be beaten if he is pressured enough. Florida may be dominating 5v5 on scoring chances and shooting percent, but they are below average in save percentage. Otherwise, Florida remains a steady bet online at home.

Best Road Team: Calgary

Florida has been indomitable at home and the Flames are nigh-unstoppable on the road. Calgary is allowing the fewest goals on the road at just 2.11 and only 1.26 on 5v5. Darryl Sutter is getting the most out of his team, particularly his netminders.

Jacob Markstrom has an 8-3-1 road record with a 94.4 save percentage (SV%), the best in the league among goaltenders with at least 10 starts. But the defense and goaltending are just one-half of the story. Calgary’s renaissance on offense is a pleasant surprise.

Johnny Gaudreau is back to being “Johnny Hockey” while Andrew Mangiapane and Oliver Kylington are just two examples of players that have come out of nowhere to produce. Their home/road splits are also eye-popping. With nearly half their road games played, it’s clear this elevated performance away from home is not a fluke.

Flames vs Panthers Head to Head

Calgary Stat Florida
7-2-1 Record 3-6-1
8-2-0 Over/Under 8-2-0
4.00 Average Score 2.70
27% Power Play % 22.22%
77.78% Penalty Kill % 66.67%

Flames vs Panthers Game Information

  • Date: Tuesday
  • Time: 7 p.m. ET
  • Location: FLA Live Arena
  • Calgary Flames vs Florida Panthers Live Stream: NHL Live

Flames vs Panthers Betting Lines

Calgary Florida
+115 Moneyline -135
45.14% Implied Probability 54.86%


Puck Line -1½




Total 6


Flames vs Panthers Prediction

An unstoppable force meets an immovable object? In this battle of the best, we’re siding with the underdog Flames to get it done. It’s been almost two years since these teams last met, but the Flames are built to be a kryptonite for the Panthers. they are both big and skilled and tough and fast.

The Flames play with a more focused approach while the Panthers can get a bit too wild. While Florida has the higher offensive ceiling, Calgary’s defense and netminding will trump Florida’s. At plus-money on the BetUS online sportsbook, bet Calgary for the upset.

Pick: Calgary Flames +115

We’re bucking the trends here as the total has gone over in seven of Florida’s last eight home games and four of Calgary’s last five road games. But the hiatus has revitalized Markstrom, who will stonewall his former team.

Pick: Under 6 (-105)

Parlay: Flames and Under 6 at +320

Did you find this article interesting?

Comments (0)