The Tampa Bay Lightning should be a good NHL best bet on Tuesday night when they visit the Philadelphia Flyers for a battle between two teams in the middle of a crowded Eastern Conference playoff chase.
The Lightning saw a five-game winning streak come to an end with a 2-1 loss at Detroit on Sunday, despite an 18-4 edge in shots during the final 20 minutes. Tampa Bay has had plenty of success in Philadelphia, though, winning seven straight at the Wells Fargo Center.
Nikita Kucherov boasts 76 points, including nine assists in the last five games, for the Lightning and goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy allowed 11 goals in his last five starts. Vasilevskiy is 12-3-0 with a .930 save percentage in his career versus the Flyers.
Philadelphia has been one of the biggest surprises in the league, sitting four points out of first place in the Metropolitan Division. But the Flyers have followed up a five-game winning streak by surrendering 12 goals in losses at home the past two contests.
Tampa Bay is +1200 to win the East in the Vegas NHL odds while Philadelphia is a healthy +2500.
Lightning vs Flyers Game Information
1. Game: Lightning (24-18-5) vs Flyers (25-16-6)
2. Location: Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, Pa.
3. Day/Time: Tuesday, Jan. 23, 7:00 p.m. ET
4. Lightning vs Flyers Live Stream: NHL.com
The Lightning go after their sixth victory in seven games when they visit the Flyers on Tuesday night. Tampa Bay has had plenty of fun playing at Philadelphia in recent times and won five of the last six meetings overall, including a 4-1 triumph at the Wells Fargo Center last season. The Flyers have been better on the road than at home (11-10-2) while the Lightning struggle on the road. (9-13-2).
Lightning vs Flyers Spreads and Odds
Lightning vs Flyers Betting Trends
1. The Lightning are 0-for-6 on the power play the last two games after a 6-for-6 stretch.
2. Over bettors are 4-1-1 in the last six Philadelphia games, but 18-26-3 on the season.
3. Tampa Bay defenseman Victor Hedman has three goals and three assists and a +6 rating in his last four contests.
4. Flyers forward Joel Farabee boasts five goals and four assists during his current six-game points streak.
5. The under is 5-1-1 in the last seven Lightning road games.
6. Philadelphia is 9-2 in its last 11 contests against a team with a winning record.
7. Tampa Bay is 3-1 ATS the last four games, but just 20-27 on the season.
8. The under is 7-1 in the Flyers’ last eight games after allowing five goals or more in the previous contest.
Lightning vs Flyers Over/Under Pick: Over 6 ½ (+105)
The Flyers have allowed 12 goals in the last two games after surrendering eight in the previous five and the Lightning give up a lot of goals on the road. Expect plenty of offense.
Philadelphia coach John Tortorella, who won a Cup with Tampa Bay in 2004, will stress defense after two straight rough efforts. However, Tampa Bay has been getting contributions from more players offensively during its 5-1-0 surge
Cooper: “If you want to make the playoffs, you can’t lay an egg like that against a team you’re going neck and neck against. We reeled off five in a row just to pull us back into a race and now we’ve got a chance to say, ‘Hey, we’ve arrived,’ and we failed tonight. As…
— Chris Krenn (@Chris_Krenn) January 22, 2024
Lightning vs Flyers Moneyline Pick: Lightning (-105)
Vasilevskiy has great numbers against the Flyers and has been on his game during the last six games. The Flyers will be better than Saturday, but could be without forward Owen Tippett (18 goals) again due to a lower-body injury.
Also consider taking the Lightning against the puckline, although the moneyline odds are much more enticing. The Flyers are an impressive 31-16 ATS, but are just 7-5 as a favorite. Tampa Bay will be driven to finish its road trip 2-1-0 after a disappointing first two periods in Detroit..
Lightning vs Flyers Player Prop Pick: Steven Stamkos 1+ goals (+160)
Steve Stamkos, the Lightning captain, boasts 27 goals in 40 career games versus the Flyers.
Lightning vs Flyers Prediction
Questions Of The Day
Will Andrei Vasilevskiy hold the Flyers under two goals in the game?
No. Tampa Bay has been better defensively of late, but the Lightning still give up the fifth-most goals on the road in the league (3.79).
Will Cam Atkinson extend his points streak for the Flyers?
Yes. Atkinson has four goals and four assists during a five-game point streak and owns 13 tallies in 28 games versus Tampa Bay.