The Seattle Kraken should be among your hockey bets for Jan. 24 when they attempt to extend the under-manned Chicago Blackhawks’ road losing streak to 18 games.
The Kraken had earned a point in 13 straight contests (11-0-2) before suffering through their current four-game losing streak.
As many as seven Blackhawks regulars will likely be missing due to injuries Wednesday, led by super rookie Connor Bedard.
Blackhawks vs Kraken Game Information
- Game: Blackhawks (14-31-2) vs Kraken (19-18-9)
- Location: Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle, Wash.
- Date/Time: Jan. 24, 10 p.m. ET
- Blackhawks vs Kraken Live Stream: NHL.com
The favored Kraken will be determined to put a halt to their four-game slide when they host the Blackhawks on Wednesday. Seattle has won five of the last seven meetings and the over is 4-0-1 in the past five matchups. The teams have split two games this season – both winning at home – with the Kraken prevailing 7-1 on Dec. 14 and Chicago taking a 4-3 decision on Nov. 28.
Blackhawks vs Kraken Spreads and Odds
Blackhawks vs Kraken Trends
- The Blackhawks are 1-for-22 on the power play over the last seven games.
- Seattle F Oliver Bjorkstrand has seven of his team-best 36 points in the last seven contests.
- Chicago goalie Petr Mrazek has allowed 12 goals in his last six games, but went 2-4-0 in that stretch.
- Under bettors are 10-3-0 in the last 13 Kraken games, and 24-19-3 on the season at the BetUS sportsbook.
- The Kraken have won their last 11 games as a favorite of -201 or greater.
- The under is 6-0 in the Blackhawks’ last six road games.
- Seattle is 5-1 in its last six Wednesday games while Chicago is 2-9 in “hump day” contests.
- The under is 5-0 in the Kraken’s last five home games.
Blackhawks vs Kraken Over/Under Pick: Over 5½
Even though both teams have been doing well for under bettors lately, the low number in the NHL odds can be topped. Seattle goalie Philipp Grubauer may get his first start since Dec. 9 while Chicago backup Arvid Soderblom might be in net with the Blackhawks playing at Edmonton on Thursday.
Additionally, goaltender Philipp Grubauer has been activated off of injured reserve. pic.twitter.com/ztLieHHmRB
— Seattle Kraken PR (@SeattleKrakenPR) January 23, 2024
Blackhawks vs Kraken Pick Against the Spread: Kraken -1½
Seattle is desperate for a victory and should open up the offense in this one. The Blackhawks have been pesky, but they surrendered a total of 14 goals in their last two trips to Climate Pledge Arena and have not won on the road since Nov. 9.
Blackhawks vs Kraken Moneyline Pick: Kraken (-270)
This game should be all about incentive if you bet online. Seattle is still in a playoff race while Chicago is looking to the future. This price isn’t right, so include in your parlays.
Blackhawks vs Kraken Player Prop: Jared McCann 2+ points (+375)
McCann had five goals and two assists in three games against Chicago last season and two points in two contests in 2023-24. He is also +179 to score at least one goal.
Blackhawks vs Kraken Prediction
Kraken 4, Blackhawks 2: This is one of those games that looks like an early goal could open the floodgates. Bjorkstrand, Eeil Tolvanen, McCann and Jordan Eberle are all going well for the Kraken.
Questions Of The Day
Will Seattle forward Tomas Tatar record a point in the game?
Yes. Tatar has been quite good since coming over in a trade from Colorado, posting three goals, four assists and a +7 rating in 15 games with the Kraken.
Which team will have the lead after one period?
Seattle. The Kraken should come out flying, but if you get high odds on the Blackhawks it’s not a bad bet. Chicago has scored 40 times in the first period, better than the second (32) and third (26).