The Seattle Kraken and San Jose Sharks will meet for the second time this season when the two battle on Tuesday. The meeting is just the second of four the two will have this season, with the Kraken taking a big 7-1 win at home in the first clash. Both teams are in the bottom half of the Pacific Division standings, with San Jose in last. Though the Sharks are at home, the odds favor Seattle in what should be another higher-scoring game for NHL over/under predictions.
Kraken vs Sharks Game Information
1. Game: Kraken (21-18-10) vs Sharks (13-32-4)
2. Location: SAP Center at San Jose, San Jose, CA
3. Day/Time: Tuesday, Jan. 30, 10:30 p.m. ET
4. Kraken vs Sharks Live Stream: NHL.com
The Seattle Kraken will try to go up two games in the series when they visit the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday at the SAP Center. NHL betting lines favor the Kraken, with BetUS sportsbook setting the total at 5 ½ goals.
Kraken vs Sharks Odds and Spreads
Kraken vs Sharks Betting Trends
1. Over is 3-0-1 in Kraken last 4 games as a favorite of -201 or greater.
2. Over is 5-1 in Kraken last 6 Tuesday games.
3. Under is 5-0 in Sharks last 5 games as a home underdog of +201 or greater.
4. San Jose has played 24 games this season that finished with over 6 goals.
5. Seattle and its opponent have gone over the current 6-goal total in 27 of 49 games this season.
6. The total has gone OVER in 6 of San Jose’s last 9 games against an opponent in the Pacific Division division.
Kraken vs Sharks Over/Under Pick: Over 5 ½ Goals (-120)
The Kraken and Sharks combined for eight goals in their first game, and the best NHL bet for this matchup is to take the over once again in the rematch.
San Jose has won three of its last five games, and it has averaged three goals a game in that time, almost a goal more than its 2.08 season average. The Sharks’ offense has also been playing well on home ice, as they have averaged 3.33 goals in their last three home games.
The Kraken’s offense has also shown improvement recently, scoring 3.2 goals a game in their last five while going 3-for-8 on the power play in their last three. However, Seattle’s defense hasn’t been the strongest, allowing three goals a game in its last five, which should give San Jose an opportunity to keep its scoring surge alive.
With the Kraken’s expected starting goalie, Philipp Grubauer also struggling recently, recording a .899 save percentage in his last three games, and the Sharks missing a few defensemen due to injury as well, the two should be able to combine to score over the posted total.
Kraken vs Sharks Player Prop: Jared McCann At Least One Assist (+175)
Although Seattle’s scoring has been up and down recently, McCann has remained consistent in his production. McCann has recorded an assist in seven of the Kraken’s last nine games, including his last four.
McCann also made a difference in the Kraken’s first game against San Jose with a goal and an assist. With the rematch expected to see plenty of scoring this time around as well, McCann should be a solid NHL bet to get in on the action.
Kraken vs Sharks Prediction
Questions Of The Day
What is the Kraken’s record on the road?
Seattle has a 10-9-6 record when away from home.
Who won the first game between the two?
The Kraken won the first meeting 7-1.