Better Be Prepared!
Traditionally, the World Cup is held between June and July. However, for the 2022 edition, FIFA decided to expand its horizons, and its wallet, by handing over the organization to Qatar. That caused a series of changes, which is why we decided to write this piece. Here you will find the most frequent ask questions about the 2022 World Cup. In other words, crucial information for you to analyze before submitting your soccer picks.
1. When and where is the 2022 World Cup?
The 2022 World Cup will be held in Qatar from November 21 to December 18.
2. How many teams will play in the 2022 World Cup?
32 teams, divided into eight groups.
3. Which team will be defending the title?
France won the 2018 World Cup, so Les Bleus come in as defending champions.
4. How much money will the 2022 World Cup Champion win?
Around $42 million.
5. Which team is the favorite to win the 2022 World Cup?
According to the latest soccer odds, Brazil is the favorite to win the title at +450.
6. Which players are among the favorites to win the 2022 World Cup Golden Boot?
Harry Kane from England leads the pack at +700. Then we’ve Kylian Mbappe from France at +800, Karim Benzema, also from France at +1100, and Cristiano Ronaldo from Portugal at +1200.
7. What are the best teams that won’t be in Qatar 2022?
Italy, Sweden, Colombia, and Nigeria.
8. Which team has won more World Cups?
Brazil. The Selecao has won the World Cup five times.
9. Why has Brazil not won the World Cup in recent years?
Brazil won the World Cup for the last time in 2002. Since then, they lost three times in the Quarterfinals and once in the Semifinals. Lack of a solid defensive unit and lack of focus from their main superstars are among the reasons why.
10. Who is the worst team to have won the World Cup?
England in 1966. The Three Lions were heavily favored by the refs, including a controversial goal in the Grand Finale against Germany. They haven’t been able to win it again.
11. How did Germany win the football 2014 World Cup?
Germany won Group G thanks to a 2-1-0 record, seven goals for and only two against. Later, they eliminated Algeria (2-1), France (1-0), Brazil (7-1), and Argentina (1-0). Thomas Muller finished among the top scorers with five goals.
12. What is the farthest Mexico has gone in a World Cup?
The Round of 16, finishing 10th in the 2014 World Cup.
13. Can a non-European country win the FIFA World Cup 2022?
Yes. Besides Brazil, Argentina is also among the betting online favorites to win the title in Qatar 2022 at +800.
14. Is this Messi and Ronaldo’s last World Cup?
Most likely. Messi is 35 years old, while Ronaldo is 37.
15. How far would the USMNT go in the World Cup?
USA dominates the Las Vegas odds to finish as the runners-up in Group B. That would allow them to play in the Round of 16. Advancing to the Round of 8 isn’t impossible, but it would be a surprise.
16. What bets can I place before or during the 2022 World Cup?
The list will increase, considerably, when the tournament starts, but basically:
- Group Stage Matches
- Teams Stage of Elimination
- Winner of Each Group
- To Qualify from Each Group
- Top Goalscorer
- WC Winner
- To Reach the Final
- To Reach the Semifinals
- To Reach the Quarterfinals
- First Time Winner?
- Winning Confederation
- Winning Group
- Live Bets during matches