Barcelona is seven points behind league leaders Real Madrid, meaning that this has to go down as a must-win game for Robert Lewandowski and Co. However, we won’t include them in today’s best soccer prediction.
Barcelona vs Almeria Match Information
- Match: Barcelona (10-5-2) vs Almeria (0-5-12)
- Location: Estadio Olimpioc Lluis Companys, Bacelona, Spain
- Day/Time: Wednesday, Dec. 20, 9 a.m. ET
- Where to watch Barcelona vs Almeria Live Stream: Fubo.tv
Xavi’s champions have endured a rocky end to the year and head into this one without a win in three games across all competitions after Saturday’s draw at Valencia.
With Xavi suffering his first difficult spell since Barcelona’s European exit in the spring, he desperately needs to oversee a victory on Wednesday.
Soccer betting fans have seen Almeria pick up just five points from 17 games. In addition, the team is without a win this term, allowing 21 goals in eight away games, earning just one point.
Barcelona vs Almeria Odds and Spreads
Barcelona vs Almeria Betting Trends
- Barcelona has won eight of their past 10 home matches but has allowed in nine of the last 11 games
- Barcelona has kept six clean sheets in their past 10 home matches
- Barcelona has scored two or more goals in six of their past 10 home matches
- Almeria has failed to win any of their last 20 matches
- Almeria lost eight of their past 11 away matches, and they are sitting dead last with 14 points
- Almeria has conceded two or more goals in 13 of their last 17 matches this season
- Barcelona has scored in 35 of the last 37 matches
- Barcelona scores an average of 1.3 goals per match. They have also conceded 14 goals in the same period.
Over/Under Pick: Under 3½, 4 Goals (-104)
We’ve seen a maximum of three goals in 10 of Barcelona’s 12 games. Almeria has one of the worst attacking teams on the road. Barcelona is in terrible form, winning only one point in the last three games.
Spread Pick: Almeria +2½ (-119)
Almeria barely secured survival in La Liga, as they finished the season just one point above the relegation zone. However, this season is not looking promising for the Andalusian team.
This might be an easy win for FC Barcelona but only one time this season they managed to beat a La Liga team by three or more goals and we don’t expect them to cover the betting spread on Wednesday.
Player Prop Pick: Joao Felix 1+ Goals (+120)
It was a weekend of contrasts for Joao Felix, who got his first away goal for Barcelona in a game that marked the first instance of Xavi’s men dropping points when he netted this season.
We expect him once again to deliver and find the back of the net on Wednesday.
Best Game Prop: Barcelona Wins & Both Team to Score No (+110)
Barcelona is under slight pressure after drawing their last game and losing to Girona in the game before and Almeria is the only team in La Liga without a win after 17 rounds. Away from home, they are simply terrible, losing seven of eight matches with a devastating 21 conceded goals.
Questions Of The Day
Does Barcelona have a chance of winning La Liga?
Barcelona is priced at +650 to win the title according to the La Liga latest odds, but Real Madrid looks too strong this season.
Will Almeria get relegated this term?
Almeria is already eight points behind the first salvation point and their schedule is very difficult. We don’t expect them to escape relegation.