Crystal Palace vs Brighton Match Information
- Match: Crystal Palace (4-5-8) vs Brighton (7-5-5)
- Location: Selhurst Park, London, England
- Day/Time: Thursday, Dec. 21, 3 p.m. ET
- Crystal Palace vs Brighton Live Stream: Fubo.tv
The rigors of balancing European commitments with domestic football may have taken a lot out of Brighton, but the team should be able to lift themselves for this derby clash with a depleted Crystal Palace.
Soccer betting fans have had to deal with Palace’s poor recent home record, and although they are capable of scoring against Brighton’s somewhat leaky defense, the visitors look well placed to return home with the three points.
Crystal Palace vs Brighton Odds and Spreads
Crystal Palace vs West Ham Betting Trends
- Crystal Palace has scored in seven of their last eight games
- The Seagulls had scored in 32 successive league games prior to Sunday’s 2-0 loss at Arsenal, while they are without a clean-sheet in the top flight since May.
- Premier League matches involving Brighton have yielded 63 goals this season, more than any other top-flight side.
- Over 3.5 goals have been scored in 10 of Brighton’s 17 league games this season
- Crystal Palace has not won for six Premier League games and are without a home success since September
- Roy Hodgson’s side is without a win in their last four meetings with Brighton.
- Brighton is without a clean sheet in their last 21 Premier League fixtures.
- Crystal Palace hasn’t scored more than two goals in their last 14 matches across all competitions.
- The last four meetings between Crystal Palace and Brighton at Selhurst Park ended in 1-1 draws.
Over/Under Pick: Over 2½ Goals (-108)
Five of the last six meetings between these two clubs ended with both teams scoring. At least four goals have been scored in 10 of Brighton’s games, including two of the last three on the road. If you’re betting online you should expect a high-scoring affair.
With that in mind, 2-2 could be one potential outcome as three of their last four meetings ended all-square, while both teams scoring in 10 of the previous 12 head-to-heads.
Moneyline Pick: Brighton (+115)
Brighton has no fresh injury concerns, and was boosted by the returns of both Joao Pedro and Danny Welbeck last time out.
The visitors are favorites on our soccer odds despite their inconsistent form and a less-than-impressive record in this modern derby.
Roberto De Zerbi’s side has lost only three games out of the last 15. Those three defeats were to Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal. We expect them to return to winning ways and add three more points to their season tally.
Player Prop Pick: Jean-Philippe Mateta 1+ Goals (+300)
If Palace is to contribute to a high-scoring contest, then forward Jean-Philippe Mateta is the one to do it. He netted in his side’s last two games against City and Liverpool.
The Frenchman’s tally for the season now stands at five, and his first Premier League goal for Palace came against Brighton in February 2021.
Best Game Prop: Under 2½ and Both Teams To Score – Yes (+550)
Goals may be at a premium, as they have been all season for both teams, and these games are rarely goalfests. Crystal Palace will fancy their chances against anyone under the Selhurst Park lights, but I’m plumping for a stalemate.
Questions Of The Day
Which player from Crystal Palace is most likely to be the first goal scorer against Brighton?
Jean-Philippe Mateta. He scored in his previous two appearances and he should once again find the back of the net.