The Red Sox vs Yankees series kicks off on July 31st. Baseball fans everywhere hope and pray that the novel coronavirus will not stop what is already a shortened, 60-game season.
We need to enjoy the games and the betting action while it’s still an option.
Here’s a preview of the upcoming action in Yankee Stadium:
Red Sox vs Yankees Series Outlook
Record Away Home Betting Odds to Win World Series
BOS 2-4 1-0 1-4 +5000
NYY 3-1 3-1 0-0 +450
The New York Yankees are the current favorites to win the World Series, while the Boston Red Sox are absolute longshots to win the Fall Classic. Regardless of the odds, every victory is vitally important when playing such a small amount of games, and anything can happen.
The Yankees have been dominating on the road so far, and hope to carry over that momentum to their home opener against their AL East rivals. The Sox will attempt to get some positive traction going this year.
Probable Starting Pitchers, Red Sox at Yankees:
July 31st August 1st August 2nd
7:05pm EST 7:07pm EST 7:08pm EST
MLB Network FOX ESPN
BOS RHP Ryan Weber RHP Zack Godley TBD
0-1, 14.73 ERA 0-0, 0.00 ERA
*three career appearances *serving as “opener”
- Yankees in 6.1 innings of after striking out seven
relief with a 2.84 ERA* Orioles in four scoreless
innings on July 27th*
NYY LHP Jordan Montgomery RHP Masahiro Tanaka LHP James Paxton
0-0, — ERA 0-0, — ERA 0-1, 27.00 ERA
*impressive in camp *fully recovered from *only pitched one
after recovering from a concussion on July 4th; inning in July 25th
Tommy John surgery* 2019: 24.75 ERA vs. BOS* start vs. Nationals
Boston Red Sox Injuries:
- 2B Dustin Perdroia (knee injury); OUT FOR SEASON
- SP Chirs Sale (elbow injury); OUT FOR SEASON
- SP Eduardo Rodriguez (COVID-19)
- RP Josh Taylor (COVID-19)
- RP Darwinzon Hernandez (COVID-19)
New York Yankees Injuries:
- SP Luis Severino (elbow); OUT FOR SEASON
- SP Masahiro Tanaka (concussion)
- RP Luis Cessa (COVID-19)
- RP Aroldis Chapman (COVID-19)
Key Players to Watch in Red Sox at Yankees Series:
- BOS DH J.D. Martinez has a .330 career average vs. the Yankees, with a .604 slugging percentage.
- NYY DH Giancarlo Stanton is hitting .341 in 24 games against the Red Sox, with a .637 slugging percentage.
- NYY 1B Luke Voit has a .383 average in 22 games vs. Boston, sporting a .728 slugging percentage.