So why should you bet on the Rockets this Tuesday night? Simply put, Houston is a much better team than Portland. They also come in with enough momentum to make quick work of the Trail Blazers. Take a look at these stats and NBA betting trends to see what I mean.
Houston Rockets vs Portland Trail Blazers Betting Stats
Houston Rockets (42-24)
- No. 1 points per game (ppg): 118.7
- No. 15 Rebounds per Game (rpg): 44.8
- No. 29 Assists per Game (apg): 21.6
- No. 23 Points Allowed: 114.9
- 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games.
- 5-1 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Western Conference conference.
- 4-1 SU in their last 5 games played on a Tuesday.
- The TOTAL has gone UNDER in 4 of the Rockets’ last 5 games versus an opponent in the Northwest Division.
- Bruno Cabocio, SF, Day-to-day
- James Harden 34.4 ppg, 7.4 apg, 1.8 stl (steals per game)
- Russell Westbrook 27.6 ppg, 7.0 apg, 1.6 stl
- Clint Capela 13.9 ppg, 13.8 rpg, 1.2 apg
Portland Trail Blazers (30-38)
- No. 7 ppg: 114.2
- No. 11 rpg: 45.3
- No. 30 apg: 20.5
- No. 26 points allowed: 115.7
- 9-3 SU in their last 12 games at home
- 3-8 SU in their last 11 games played on a Tuesday.
- The TOTAL has gone UNDER in 6 of Portland’s last 7 games versus Houston.
- Portland is 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 games when facing Houston at home.
- Jaylen Adams, PG, day-to-day
- Damian Lillard 28.9 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 8.0 apg
- Jusuf Nurkic 24.0 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 3.5 blk (blocks per game)
- CJ McCollum 22.6 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 4.3 apg
As can be seen, Houston has quite a substantial advantage over the Trail Blazers. They have a substantial sportsbook edge on offense, a very slight edge in assists per game, and fare slightly better defensively than Portland. However, those stats are on the season and don’t necessarily reflect how dominant Houston has been in their recent outings. Below we’ll be outlining each side’s most recent matchups before analyzing tonight’s sports betting odds and telling you why should bet Rockets in this match.
Houston Rockets vs Portland Trail Blazers Recent Matches
Vs Bucks | Sun., Aug 2 | 120-116 Houston
The Rockets dazzled us with a 120-116 upset win over Milwaukee. Houston got off to an early start and never looked back, leading 62-54 at the half. The Bucks had a strong 3rd quarter, outscoring their opponent 36-27. But in the end, the Rockets did their part in the 4th, holding Antetokounmpo and the Bucks to just 26 points. meanwhile, Houston’s offense delivered 31 to give us the 120-116 finish.
Offensively Westbrook led the way for Houston. The former MVP finished the night with 31 points, 6 rebounds and 8 assists. Harden had a big night as well, putting up 24 points, 7 rebounds, and 7 assists.
At Mavericks | Fri., July 31 | 153-149 OT Houston
This one ended up going into overtime but the Rockets still managed to take the win. All they needed was to put up 153 on the night. James Harden led the way in scoring delivering 49 points, 9 rebounds, and 8 assists. Second in scoring for Houston was Westbrook who finished with 31 points, 11 rebounds and 8 assists. As for the match, things were pretty even early on. The first quarter saw both teams put up 42 points. Heading into the half, the Mavs were up 85-75.
Vs Grizzlies | Fri., July 31st | 140-135 OT Trail Blazers
Although they needed overtime, Portland managed to pull off a win versus Memphis. CJ McCollum came up big for the Trail Blazers as he finished the night with 33 points, 2 steals and 6 rebounds. Next up on the scoreboard was Damian Lillard who finished with 29 points, 9 assists, and 5 rebounds. The match was even from the start. At the end of regulation, the scoreboard read 124-124. Ultimately Portland earned the win by outscoring Memphis 16-11 in overtime.
At Celtics | Sun., Aug 2 | 128-124 Boston
The Trail Blazers came up short in this match but don’t blame Lillard or Nurkic. After all, they both finished with 30 points. On the other hand, McCollum failed to put up 20 as his stat sheet read 17 points, 4 assists and 8 rebounds. And that was despite playing 41 minutes in this game. Lillard had the biggest night nailing 30 points, 16 assists and even a block.
Houston Rockets vs Portland Trail Blazers Betting Odds
Rockets -4 -110 || 244½ -110o || -175
Trail Blazers +4 -110 || 244½ -110u || +155
As you can tell, the Rockets are facing -175 this evening. Considering they enter on a 2-game winning streak, it’s clear they’re a hot pick for this Tuesday’s match. Sign up today to get in on tonight’s NBA betting action!