With all the things in the NFL Specials that you can bet on, strategies will have to be focused on the particular item you are betting on. One thing you can bet on is, “Which coach in the NFL will be next to get fired?” Another item in the same category is if a particular coach will be with the team at the start of the new season.
Here, we will look at some strategies to use when betting on NFL coaches.
- How long has the coach been on “the hot seat” with the team’s management?
- Has there been talk before the start of the NFL season that the coach might get fired?
- Has the coach posted a bad season the previous year, and does it look like he will have a worse season this year?
- Is there any news that management might keep the coach around for another year?
- Has the coach been with the team for a long time and only had a few bad seasons?
- Does it look like the team would want the coach gone along with management?
- When was the last time the coach had a winning season?
There will also be some best and worse record betting on the NFL specials list, along with if a team will win their division or not. These options require a different strategy.
Here, we will look at some strategies to use when betting on NFL teams.
- Is the team tied with another team for most wins or losses?
- What is the remaining schedule of the team?
- If you are betting on the lesser team, do they have hard teams remaining on the schedule?
- If you are betting for the best team, do they have easy teams remaining on the schedule?
- If betting on if a team can win their division, who can bypass them in their division?
- What is the remaining schedule of the other teams that could overtake the team you are betting on?
- If teams are tied, which team would win based on a tiebreaker?
- Are the odds favorable enough to make multiple bets to hedge a single bet if teams are tied?
Hedging bets is most common when dealing with plus odds. It might be good to hedge the bet if the favorite has plus odds but has other teams tied with them. If you employ hedging of your bet, make sure you do not bet more than you will recover on the lowest odds bet. This will ensure that you will make some type of profit off your bet.