NFL gameday props are the most exciting bets to make. Those new to betting may not know what to look for before doing NFL prop betting. NFL prop betting does offer a lot of different betting options for the game. All the options can be intimidating for new gamblers. There are always things to look at and study, no matter what NFL prop you bet on.
First, we will look at some of the most common props you can find during an NFL game. The biggest NFL prop in a game is which player will score the game’s first touchdown. The first player to score a touchdown prop will include top players from both teams.
Here are some things to look at with this prop:
- Which player is the “go-to” player on the team
- Does the team have a record of scoring first on opponents
- Does the opponent have a history of giving up the first touchdown of the game
- How many times has the player been the first to score in a game
- Are there any changes on offense that might help or hurt the players’ chances of scoring first
Another closely mirrored prop is which player will be the first to score a touchdown for their team. This prop is a little easier to bet on. The critical thing to look at with that prop is a player’s history of being the first to score for the team. If that player is scoring first for the team at a high rate, then they are most likely to be the first to score.
Individual player props like an over/under on passing yards, rushing yards, passing TD’s, and rushing TD’s are also popular. You are betting on a player to either go over the number or under it in those formats.
Here are things to look for when betting an over/under with an offensive player prop:
- What is the player averaging each game compared to the over/under?
- Is the team playing a defense that would help the player go over the number, or is the defense good enough to keep the player on the under side of the number?
- Are there injuries on the team that may hurt a player’s chances of covering the over?
- How often has a player gone over or under in a game the number that you are betting on?
- Is the opposing defense better at stopping the run or the pass?
- Does the opposing defense give up more rushing or passing touchdowns?
The last NFL prop that most people like to bet on is the over/under of field goals made. Field goals have been game-winners for many teams, making this a popular prop to bet on. Missed field goals have also dashed a team’s hopes.
Here are some things to look at when betting on the over/under with field goals:
- Do the kickers have a history of missing a lot of field goals
- Does the team have a record of kicking a lot of field goals in a game
- Are the kickers known to make clutch field goals when needed
- Do both defenses usually hold opponents to field goals
NFL prop betting puts extra excitement in the game. NFL props betting will have you looking at the game’s outcome and everything that can happen during the game. Studying all the props and possibilities can help make sure that you have a better chance of winning your wager.