Skip to content


Fever vs Mercury Prediction, Game Preview, Live Stream, Odds and Picks

Last-Place Clubs Collide

The two teams at the bottom of the WNBA conferences will play each other on Thursday. The Indiana Fever are at the bottom of the Eastern Conference while the Phoenix Mercury have the worst record in the league and are last in the West. Despite the team’s struggles, WNBA odds favors the Fever, who have shown to have hope for the future.

Fever: Promising Showing

Sure, the Indiana Fever are at the bottom of the East, but this team has more promise than the standings suggest. Indiana’s last two games were against the Las Vegas Aces, undeniably the best team in the league. The Fever lost the first game 101-88, but they held their own in the second, losing 88-80. Those two games show that the Fever is at least trending in the right direction for WNBA lines.

Fever vs Mercury Prediction, Game Preview, Live Stream, Odds and Picks

A big reason for optimism with the Fever is their offense. Indiana averages 82.8 points, the sixth most in the league, and has the fourth-best offensive rating. That was displayed against the Aces, scoring 88 and 80 points against a team that allows 77.4 per game.

The future of the Fever also came up big in each game. In the first game, second-year player NaLyssa Smith scored 26 points. Rookie Aliyah Boston headlined WNBA news by being named a starter in the All Star Game, then pu up 20 points, with 14 rebounds in the second game. Boston, so far, is the sportsbook clear favorite to win Rookie of the Year.

Mercury New Coach Loses in Debut

The Phoenix Mercury have now lost six straight games, with the most recent coming against the Dallas Wings 77-62. It was the first game that interim head coach Nikki Blue was in charge of the team. Even with a new head coach leading the sidelines, the Mercury’s struggles continued.

Brittney Griner remains the focus of the Mercury’s offense, scoring 20 points against the Wings, but there was not much support. Only two other players were in double figures, but no one scored more than 12 points. Phoenix remains one of the worst offensive teams in the league, averaging the fewest points per game.

However, the defense has been the biggest question for the Mercury this season, making them hard to include in WNBA picks. They allow the second most points per game, with the worst defensive rating. Defense is something that did improve in Blue’s first game, allowing 77 points, compared to 87.5 on the season.

Fever vs Mercury Game Information

  • Game: Fever (5-9) vs Mercury (2-10)
  • Location: Footprint Center, Phoenix, AZ
  • Day/Time: Thursday, June 29, 10:00 p.m. EST
  • Fever vs Mercury Live Stream: WNBA.com

Fever vs Mercury Betting Lines

Fever vs Mercury Picks and Prediction

Both of these teams have their own issues, but it is clear that one has a lot more promise than the other. The Fever has a young, talented roster, backed by Boston, who was named to the All-Star Game as a rookie. Conversely, the Mercury is near the bottom of the league in all offensive and defensive stats, struggling overall while the team gets older and dealing with a coaching change. Indiana is a team on the rise and should be able to control this game.

The Indiana Fever are listed at -145 in our Vegas WNBA odds. This means that if you wager $100 on the Fever, you have a chance to win $69. The Phoenix Mercury are +125, offering a chance to win $125 on a $100 wager.

The implied probability attached to the betting lines gives the Indiana Fever a 55.56% chance to win, with the Phoenix Mercury at 44.44%.

Did you find this article interesting?

Comments (0)

Featured WNBA Picks
Related News